Monday, November 25, 2013

A huge helping of anguish with a side dish of turmoil

Broken strings

I am a Puppet without strings,
pay me with your time and for you i shall laugh and dance and sing.
I was your humblest servant and you were my noble King...

I still remember, very long ago, how you held me tenderly in your arms and whispered to me how you loved me so
but little did i know, like the seasons, your love is cursed to come and go.
till one day you gave me away to slave on a puppet masters show

I bid adieu to any little mercy's i once knew
For now i had been fitted with strings,
my freedom had been clipped along with my wings.
What a thrilling ride this life has been
but destiny must not favor me so
To be so cruel as to deliver me
From the kind hands of my noble King, to those of the puppet master
who reigns over
all evil things


Now my body is broken.    

i was a wooden puppet smashed to pieces and put back together again.
See how they make me dance so gracefully and pretty for their hearts delight?
If you look hard enough, you can almost make out the strings that animate me, glinting when they catch the light.

Not a day of rest for this little wooden performer, whose pirouettes are so adored.
Every night a full house, Every night a show to do, to prance, to skip to dance for you.
Of all the simple things i cannot keep, i am master of none, not even the sweet sanctuary of sleep.
for it is i who is the puppet, who's vow of tortured silence i must forever keep.

But if these glass eyes learned how to weep, i could cry you a mighty river who's currents run so cold and so deep.
I know this wood once had a life, but if my heart could surely beat, it would be a broken mess of shambles, lying dead at your feet.



No comments: